life needs minerals
Key IssuesLough Neagh Sand Traders
- Continue to liaise with EHS and other organisations on all aspects of sand dredging operations.
- Share health and safety information to ensure the safety of employees and all Lough users.
- Continue to monitor the work of the Lough Neagh Advisory Committee and other agencies to ensure the safe guarding of QPANI members sand extraction rights.
- Work with relevant organisations to highlight the contribution that the Lough Neagh Sand Traders make to the sustainability of local communities and the biodiversity of the area around Lough Neagh.
- Monitor and respond to all new legislation that may effect the Sand Traders operations.
- Achieve agreement on levels of discharge consent.
- Monitor threat of invasion of Zebra Mussels on sand dredging operations.
- Monitor and assess the impact of the opening up of Lough Neagh to pleasure boating.
Key performance indicators
- Annual Production of sand.
- Compliance on water consents.
- Levels of complaints.
- Accidents and near misses on the Lough involving sand dredgers.
- Number of events attended in promotion of Lough Neagh Sand Traders.
Download the Lough Neagh Sand Trader information leaflet: